Our success is based on our ability to understand the diversity in the world around us - our customers, our employees and our suppliers. We are committed to providing diverse suppliers access and opportunity to participate in our procurement process by:
- Actively fostering a diverse supplier base
- Providing bid opportunities to diverse suppliers
- Holding prime suppliers accountable for providing subcontracting opportunities to diverse suppliers
- Procuring high-quality, competitively priced goods and services from diverse suppliers
What We Look For In Our Suppliers
We have developed procurement specifications and standards through the Corporate Purchasing Department. Diverse companies that meet these standards partner with us to deliver quality products and services. Some of the standards/qualities that must be met are:
- Quality processes and product(s)
- Cost Competitiveness
- Understanding of our business
- Proven track record and references
- Good financial standing
- Ability to conduct business electronically (i.e., via email and the Internet)
- Technological capabilities
- Diverse Supplier Certification
Eligibility & Certification
A diverse supplier is any certified business or enterprise that is 51% or more owned, managed, and controlled by persons belonging to a group that experiences discrimination or barriers to equal opportunity including women, people of color, persons with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ+ people, and other groups identified as historically underrepresented.
Some examples of categories of U.S. supplier diversity include:
- Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE)
- Disability-Owned Business Enterprise (DOBE)
- Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE)
- Service-Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (SDVBE)
- Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise (VBE)
- LGBT-Owned Business Enterprise (LGBTBE)
- Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone)
Proof of certification is required to participate in our Supplier Diversity Program. We accept certification from the following organizations and their regional affiliates:
- The North American Industry Classification System
- The Standard Industrial Classification (SIC)
- National Minority Supplier Development Council
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council
- U.S. Small Business Administration and Office of Small Business
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE)
- NGLCC Global - international division of the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce
We welcome all potential suppliers who can fulfill our requirements on a competitive basis to register today, as well as invite you to learn more about our commitment to fostering a diverse supplier base:
Supplier Registration Link: Register Here
Frequently Asked Questions
Excellus BCBSUnivera HealthcareLTHC isisare committed to supporting and doing business with a broad base of diverse supplier. We are dedicated to doing our part to ensure that our business is distributed fairly and equitably. Our aim is to continually increase the levels of participation and spending with certified diverse suppliers for goods and services needed by our enterprise.
LTHCguarantee business to diverse suppliers?
No, we do not guarantee business to any supplier, however, we are committed to providing an opportunity for diverse suppliers to participate in RFI/RFP/RFQ’s.
To be considered as a diverse supplier, your company should be at least 51 percent owned, operated, and controlled by U.S. citizens belonging to one of the following groups: Minority-owned, Women-owned, Veteran-owned, Disability-Owned Business Enterprise(DOBE), Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise(DVBE), LGBTQ -owned, HUBZones or small businesses.
We encourage all diverse suppliers who want to work with us to register in our Supplier Registration Portal. Upon registering, we will keep your information for reference if / when opportunities become available.
LTHCSupplier Registration Portal?
Our Supplier Solutions team will have access to this system to search for prospective suppliers as opportunities become available. Supplier profiles should include your company’s capabilities. Please note, completing the registration does not guarantee business with Excellus BCBSUnivera HealthcareLTHC.
Keep in mind that registering will not guarantee business with Excellus BCBSUnivera HealthcareLTHC. Please know that we will keep your information in the database in order to contact you when opportunities become available in your category.
We are committed to incorporating diverse businesses in our procurement process across our organization. Your chance of being selected as a supplier depends on your company's offerings and how it aligns with our current business needs.