- This law requires us to give certain subscribers and their employers an initial notice explaining our proposed rate change.
- The premium rate changes that we request vary by specific products.
- The actual changes will not be known until approval, and we will notify our customers of any rate change at least 60 days prior to the appropriate implementation date.
- If you are uncertain as to when your rates renew or the rating region you are a part of;
- Subscribers please contact Customer Service
- Groups please contact your Account Service representative or Broker.
Small Group: Follow this link for a more detailed narrative describing the premium rate filing.
Individual: Follow this link for a more detailed narrative describing the premium rate filing.
Small Group and Individual
You can contact us or DFS to ask for more information or submit comments to DFS about the proposed rate changes. The comments must be made within 30 days from the date of this notice.
You can contact Univera Healthcare for additional information at:
- Univera Healthcare
P.O. Box 211256
Eagan, MN 55121
- calling the number on your member identification card
Comments or requests for more information on the proposed rate change may be submitted to:
- NYS Department of Financial Services
Health Bureau - Premium Rate Adjustments
One Commerce Plaza, Albany, NY 12257
- Email: PremiumRateIncreases@dfs.ny.gov
- DFS Website: www.dfs.ny.gov/healthinsurancepremiums
If you choose to submit comments to DFS, please include the following information:
- The name of your insurer, which is Univera Healthcare
- The name of your plan as listed on your identification card
- Indicate your type of coverage (Group or Individual)
- Your HIOS identification number, which is found on the letter you received about the requested rate change.
Medicare Supplemental: a narrative describing the premium rate filing.
If you've received a letter from us about a requested rate change, the law gives you a 30 day window of opportunity to:
- Request information from us -
- subscribers can contact the phone number on their subscriber ID card
- employers can contact their Account Service representative or Broker
- Submit any written comments to the Superintendent of Insurance -
- Please note that the name of the insurer should be included on any correspondence and that written comments submitted to the Department will be posted to the Department's website, with personal identifying information removed.
- Please be sure to identify "Excellus Health Plan, Inc." and its dba, "Univera Healthcare" as your insurer and indicate that the type of your policy is large group HMO or Medicare Supplement in the comments.